Lentil Burger with High Protein Toast Buns
The recipes are suitable for the high protein bread – fine – and the high protein toast rolls – fine – as well as for all Mestemacher protein bread types and protein toast rolls.
- 4 High Protein Toast Buns or Protein toast rolls
- 4 slices of cheddar
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 spring onions
- 4 small bell pepper
- 4 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. paprika paste
- salt and pepper
Ingredients for the lentil burger:
- 1 tin of lentils (400 grams)
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 tbsp. strained tomatoes
- 2 tsp. cornflour
- 5 tbsp. breadcrumbs
- Salt, pepper, paprika, cumin
- Mix the mayonnaise and paprika paste and season with salt and pepper. Slice the bell pepper and spring onion into rings.
- Drain the lentils in a sieve. Peel and chop the garlic and onion finely.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry both in it.
- Mix the lentils and tomatoes and stir with the onions.
- Mix the starch in 8 tbsp. water and then add the lentil mixture, 4 tbsp. breadcrumbs and the spices. Knead the mixture well and season to taste.
- Form four burger patties with your hands. Roll the patties in the remaining breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry the patties on each side for a few minutes.
- Place the cheese slices on the lentil burgers while they are still hot.
- Prepare the toast rolls in the toaster.
- Stack all the ingredients on the bottom of the toast roll, one by one, and put on the top half of the toast roll at the end.