NEW YORK CHEESECAKE WITH WESTPHALIAN PUMPERNICKEL
- 175 g Mestemacher Westphalian Pumpernickel
- 60 g butter
- 450 g cream cheese
- 75 g icing sugar
- 3 organic eggs
- 3 limes
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 egg whites
- 60 g icing sugar
- 300 g blueberries
- 70 g sugar
- 100 ml blueberry juice
- some cornstarch
RECOMMENDED BY CHRISTINE FRÖHLICH
- For the base, crumble the Westphalian pumpernickel, mix it with the soft butter and the cocoa powder, place it into the desired form and press down gently.
- Now stir together the cream cheese, sugar and the eggs until creamy. Then add the cream, cornstarch and vanilla Pour the mixture onto the base and bake at about 180 °C for 30-40 minutes.
- During this time, beat the 20 g sugar with the egg whites until foamy. Bring the remaining sugar to a boil with the water and slowly add it to the egg white while continuously stirring. Keep stirring until the egg white mix is creamy and firm. Spread the meringue onto the cheesecake and bake again for about 5 minutes until the egg whites are slightly browned.
- For the blueberry topping, caramelise the sugar in a pot with a little water. Deglaze the caramel with the blueberry juice, allow it to simmer briefly, thicken with some cornflour and put aside to cool. Add the blueberries and serve as topping on the cheesecake.