Sweet Sushi with pumpernickel-nut-chocolate crunch
- 200 grams of rice pudding
- 1 litre of milk
- 1 pinch of rock salt
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- pulp of a vanilla pod
- 2 slices of Mestemacher Westphalian pumpernickel
- 75 grams dark chocolate
- 50 grams of chopped hazelnuts
- First prepare the rice pudding according to package instructions with salt, sugar, milk, and vanilla pulp. It should be sticky and not too firm.
- Use a grater to grate the chocolate finely. Place aside for garnishing. Melt the remaining chocolate in a double boiler. Chop the pumpernickel finely and stir it into the melted chocolate together with the hazelnuts. Spread the mixture on baking paper and allow it cool down slightly.
- Wrap a sushi mat with cling film. Using wet hands, spread the rice over the mat to form a rectangular surface. Spread the pumpernickel mixture in the centre of the rice.
- Use the mat to form a roll. Cut the roll into slices and allow to cool. Don’t wait too long before cutting, else the mass inside becomes too hard.
- To serve, garnish each piece of sushi with some chocolate shavings.
Photo credits: Susanne Brauer