Red wine cream with pumpernickel chocolate crunch
- 2 slices of Mestemacher pumpernickel
- 50 grams chopped almonds
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- 300 ml red wine
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 4 sheets of gelatine
- 200 ml whipped cream
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- Chop the pumpernickel finely. Melt the chocolate in a water bath, fold in the pumpernickel and almonds and mix well. Distribute the mixture on a plate and allow to cool
- Soak the gelatine in cold water.
- Heat the red wine before dissolving the sugar in it. The red wine may not come to a boil. Squeeze out the gelatine and add to the warm wine. Stir well.
- Allow the mixture to cool down. Stir in the cream shortly before the gelatine becomes firm Place the red wine cream in the glasses. Put a small amount aside for decoration.
- Cool the glasses in the fridge for about 4 hours.
- To serve, sprinkle the pumpernickel crunch over the red wine cream. Blob the remaining red wine cream onto the crunch.
Photo credits: Susanne Brauer