Mexican pita with minced meat and bell peppers
- 4 Mestemacher wheat pita pockets
- 500 grams minced meat, mixed
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp. red pepper paste
- salt, pepper, sweet paprika powder, cayenne pepper
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 bunch of chives
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Dice the onion finely and braise in a pan. Add the minced meat and fry thoroughly. Stir in the red pepper paste and season with the spices.
- Wash the bell peppers, slice them and cut them into fine strips.
- Chop the herbs finely and stir in with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the bread pockets according to the packaging instructions, cut them open and, layer by layer, fill with the minced meat and bell peppers. Pour over the herb oil and serve immediately.
Source: Susanne Brauer und www.kochmaedchen.de