Bavarian pita with beef and pork meatloaf, sauerkraut and roasted onions
- 4 Mestemacher wheat pita pockets
- 4 slices of beef and pork meatloaf
- 200 grams sauerkraut
- 1 carrot
- 4 tsp. sweet mustard
- 2 onions
- 50 grams plain flour
- 100 grams butter
- Heat the sauerkraut in a pot. Grate the carrot and stir it in. Season with salt and pepper. Drip off the sauerkraut well.
- Peel the onions, halve them and cut them in slices. Coat the onion rings in flour. Melt the butter in the pan and fry the onions. The onions must swim in butter. As soon as the onions are crispy on one side, carefully turn them with a spoon. After frying, place them on a piece of paper towel to absorb excess fat.
- Fry the beef and pork meatloaf in the pan on both sides.
- Crisp up the bread pockets according to the packaging instructions and cut them open. Then, layer by layer, fill the pita pockets with the beef and pork meatloaf, the sweet mustard, the sauerkraut and the onions, and serve warm.
Source: Susanne Brauer und www.kochmaedchen.de