Visit of the Minister Mrs. Barbara Otte-Kinast at Aerzener Brot und Kuchen GmbH
Over 400 years of the Mestemacher family bakery group
Extension of the Aerzen dispatch hall with offices, social wing and workshop
The Minister for Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection of Lower Saxony, Mrs. Barbara Otte-Kinast, as well as the Member of the Bundestag, Mrs. Mareike Lotte Wulf, yesterday visited the new building on the Aerzen premises together with the representatives of Aerzener Brot und Kuchen GmbH, Prof. Dr. Ulrike Detmers, Managing Partner, Chairwoman of the Management Board of Mestemacher Management GmbH and Spokeswoman of the Mestemacher Group, Thorsten Plate as well as Marc Schweckendiek, both Managing Directors of Aerzener Brot und Kuchen GmbH. For a total of 6.7 million euros Aerzen extends the dispatch hall with offices, social wing and workshop. Further 4,9 million Euro will be used for automation and rationalization of the production processes of the three product portfolios wholemeal bread, frozen cake as well as crispbreads. The expected completion date is 01.03.2023.
Target investment of 11.6 million euros in total in 2022
- Increasing the attractiveness of the employer due to labor shortages.
- Optimization of economic efficiency and productivity to strengthen competitiveness.
- Modernization of workplaces, break and recreation rooms as well as locker rooms and washrooms.
- Modern workshop to save external service costs.
- Heat and drought.
- Decline in crop yields, estimated at 43 million tons of grain in 2022.
- Supply situation remains tight.
- Global cereal stocks shrinking.
- Supply shortages on the world market.
- Rising prices for raw materials, transportation of goods, energy.
- Rising inflation and fear of currency devaluation.
- Rising cost of living.
- Trend toward price sensitivity and thrift.