Sushi with bacon, scrambled egg and pumpernickel
- 8 slices of bacon
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 2 slices of Mestemacher Westphalian pumpernickel
- Break the eggs into a bowl. Add salt, paprika and pepper and whisk.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the egg mass and allow to thicken briefly. After about one minute, remove the egg from the bottom of the pan and stir.
- Wrap a sushi mat with cling film. Place the bacon slices next to one another, overlapping the slices. Spread the scrambled egg onto the bacon. Leave an edge of 1 cm free. Cut the pumpernickel into strips. Place 2 strips on top of one another onto the egg.
- Roll up the bacon from one side. Bake the rolls in the oven for 10 minutes at 180 degrees top and bottom heat until the bacon is crispy.
- Cut the sushi roll into slices and serve.
Photo credits: Susanne Brauer