Asparagus salad in a glass jar with and Mestemacher Sunflower Whole Rye Bread
- Mestemacher Sunflower Whole Rye Bread
- 300 grams asparagus
- some butter
- ½ iceberg lettuce
- 150 grams cocktail tomatoes
- 1 bunch of spring onions
For the dressing
- 50 ml asparagus water
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- some salt, pepper and sugar
- After washing, peel the asparagus and cut it into pieces.
- Bring 200ml of water to the boil and season the water with salt, sugar and a little butter. Cook the asparagus for a few minutes until al dente, then drain (collecting the water) and put the asparagus aside.
- Dice the bread and cut the iceberg lettuce into pieces. Halve the tomatoes, slice the spring onions into rings. Layer all the ingredients in a glass.
- For the dressing, mix 50 ml of asparagus water and vinegar, add salt and pepper and season with sugar. Pour the dressing over the salad and give it some time to absorb the flavour.